The purpose of Fundy Home Educators is to provide information, inspiration and support from a Christian perspective to home school families. All of our activities will be consistently and forthrightly Christian to the honour and glory of the Lord God. Families who are not Christian are welcome to participate, however, anyone holding a position of leadership must adhere to our statement of faith.
Our Cooperative Approach
We are moms and dads – just like you – who volunteer to help other homeschoolers and work together to enrich our children’s education. All activities are cooperative in nature, driven by the interest and involvement of our membership. Our parents make our events possible through their active participation in the activities that their children attend. We work as a team to offer activities that interest and benefit our children and build relationships in our homeschooling community.
Funding and Fees
Membership fees have allowed us to remain an organized and consistent presence in the greater Saint John area for over 20 years. Fees are collected yearly to help distribute the overhead cost for our homeschool events, location fees, supplies, and resources. Our executive team is a group of unpaid volunteers. Our primary expenses continue to be rental fees, so if you have access to a church basement, let us know! We also set aside money for the purchase of the next edition of the CAT – a standardized test used in the public school system. Due to the nature of our events, a small cost is sometimes required and in these situations, we often set a maximum family rate.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes His complete and final revelation to men. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details.
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- All are sinners, in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character, both by nature and by choice, and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation, and are hopelessly lost.
- The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross. His visible, bodily resurrection was proof He had accomplished this purpose.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. The gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- A Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of all men; his conduct should be blameless before the world; he should be faithful steward of his possessions; he should seek to realize, for himself and others, maturity in the Christian life.
- Christian parents are ordained by God to fulfill the primary responsibility of training their children under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. God will hold parents accountable for their children’s spiritual, emotional, academic, and social training.